Dizziness, variable heart beats, decreased heart beat while exercising. Should I get this checked?

For the last couple years my heart sometimes felt like it stopped for a few seconds only when I was lying down many times and I get this scary sinking feeling and dizziness . About six months ago I felt one while I was up and driving my car, I thought it might be because of stress that day. But just today I was on treadmill and my heart rate was steady at 138, then all the sudden I felt weird and confused when my heart felt like it stopped for a second and my heart rate plunged from that down to 128 down to 98 down a couple more times until it was at 50, then went back up again by multiplies of 10. This happended 4 times in 30 mins. Should I get this checked out? I have been going to the gym and walking on treadmill 70 mins 3 days a week for last 6 weeks and this is the first time it has happened.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012