Dizziness, tiredness, heavy menses flow, intense pain post delivery, advised against birth control due to blood clot. What could be going on?

Hello, I am a 34 year old mother of 4 children. I had my third period since having my son 11 months ago and I am felling dizzy, faint, tired and shaky. I have been bleeding quite a bit with this period- more than usual. I have had lots of pain as well. I am not allowed to take birth control because during labor with my 4th child I developed a blood clot. Not sure what s going on?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012