Dizziness, sweating face and palms, shaky. Checked blood sugar, pressure and thyroid. What could be this?

Today out of no where I got really dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out, then my ears satrted ringing,and my face and palms started to sweat but I felt really cold, I also felt really shaky afterwards, this has happened in the pastand my doctor has checked my blood pressure, my sugar levels, and even my thyroid what could it be?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Your symptoms are suggestive of pre-syncope.

In this condition, the above mentioned symptoms happen due to transient lack of blood flow to brain. This in turn can happen because of strain, exhaustion, fatigue, low sugar, infection, etc.

If all above are normal, then a cardiac evaluation may be useful.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Senior Consultant Neurologist

Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,

My personal URL on this website:

My email: