Dizziness, lethargy, itchy eyes, burning in nose due to inhaling ammonia fumes. Cause of worry?

A couple months ago we did a lab in school with Ammonia . I inhaled more than what I should have, I was wondering if that could still effect me even through it was a couple months ago. I took a nap and when I woke up I was very dizzy, to where I didn t even want to get out of bed. My eyes were itchy, and the smell of ammonia was burning my nose . Could this be dangerous?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
ammonia causes temporary burning sensation of nose and eyes. you do not need to worry about long term side effects of it. you should take precaution while doing experiments in labs. next time tell your teachers about the incident and ask her to make it a rule to wear protective goggles while doing experiments. and in case you have another such incident inform your teacher and wash your eyes repeatedly with cold water and go to doctor.
thank you