Dizziness, heart pounds. What is vaso vagual synscope? Suggest?

Hi my name is Michelle i dont know who to ask but what could be causing these symptoms... When sitting or standing if i stretch i get super dizzy and my heart seems to pound and i get a quick 30 sec pounding headache! I I sometimes get to a point where i feel like im going to pass out but i generally dont if im standing and this happends i have tained my self to grab something or sit down if any thing is near by and let it pass. this has been happening for years they said i have vaso vagual synscope ?? And that there is nothing they can do for me and this came from a military HM2 (NAvy)... I was young and believed him ...what should i do now? I have a few other health problems but will save that for another day.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013