Dizziness, feeling faint on lifting head towards the left, gets better on turning head the other way. Causes?

I am a mechanic. When I lay on a floor creeper, I roll under a vehicle and attempt to look up, or lift my head, especially to the left, I get very dizzy and the feeling of passing out, which I have never done in my entire life. It seems if I turn my head the other way, or I get out and sit up, the sensation gets better, or goes away.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum, Balancing of the body is wholly depends upon the health of the internal ear,when there is disease of the internal ear, he feels dizzy when he bends to that side. It could be secondary to commen cold .
You should consult an E.N.T.surgeon for diagnosis and treatment, you may need to have C.T.scaning along with other routine tests.
Besides i advise you to follow some diet recommendations as avoid taking fruits, juices, ice creams, ice water etc to avoid common cold, sinusitis, and middle ear infection.
Avoid taking spices, chillies, junk foods, and oily foods as these may some times cause, dizzy ness. There could be cerebral causes like atrophy, ischemia in eldarly people.
Wishing for a quick recovery and thanks for calling.