Dizziness during situps and not during other exercises. Why is this happening?

Yes,.please.soynds I get dizzy when I do situps. I work out 3x week zumba but it only happens while I do situps on floor. I don t understand why. Can you tell me why that happens?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Thank you for choosing HCM.
Try doing the situps in a slow and steady manner with proper form rather than using momentum to go through the range of motion, now as to why you feel dizzy is because you are performing the movement too fast so thereby blood rushes to your brain and gives you the feeling of being light headed or dizzy.Also use a mat while doing the exercise rather than doing it on the bare floor.
Thank you and take care.