Dizziness due to whey protein. Vigorous cyclist. Need to replace the protein?

after cycling 100 Klm I like to take a whey protein shake to repair my muscles but it always makes me feel dizzy I do not drink these shakes in place of meals so I still eat plenty during the day but have the protein shake purely for recovery. I have been told it is essential to replace protein after my rides but I am fed up with getting dizzy after a shake?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
  Anonymous's Response
Most protein shakes contain nitrates which can cause vasodilation of your blood vessels and causes decreased blood pressure and thus causing dizziness when blood flow decreases. High protein intake can cause proteinuria and can cause damage to kidneys. Do not take protein shake immediately after doing the cycling have some rest around 1 or 2 hours and then take it, or else you can try taking carbohydrate shakes. Mainly for the repair of your muscles, rest is more needed than the protein shake because you do not substitute your meal with the protein shakes.
Have a good Health.