Dizziness, difficulty in walking and speaking. Taking eptoin for seizures post epiglotic carcinoma treatment. Can I discontinue medicine?

my dad is in 80 s n came out of epiglotic carcinoma and recently, a weeks back he had seizures n doctor has prescribed him to go with eptoin 200mg. after having this tab for almost a week his response is not proper n resulted in dizziness , not able to speak properly or walk. my question is - is it possible to stop this medicine for time being
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
It is due to eptoin.stop it.u hav to take altetnate antiepileptic like tab levipil 500 once to start then increase.keep tab frisium 10mg in case of emergency