Dizziness, back pain, sciatica in foot. MRI showed foraminal stenosis. Surgery required?

Good morning Dr. Siegel. I am suffering from all my back since I was 20, it began worse 10 years ago. I am 52 years old, 54kgs, 1m52. At start I was seeing an orthopedic doctor but I was still felling the same. Twice or 3 times a year I am going to see a chiroprator for 6-7 sessions, I have some exercices that I do home, but still sometimes I am blocked with horrible pain. And since 2 years I found that the situation is getting worse and worse, I am constantly with pain and left foot sciatica 24/24hrs and strange feeling in my left toes (it s starting with my right foot now) and I feel like having a constant dizziness. It is difficult at night. This year I was completely blocked 3 times ... I am now working 6hrs per day and the other half I try and rest the more I can (I have an orthopedic mattress). My last MRI cervical spine (yr 2009) shows a loss of the normal curvature of the cervical spine, in keeping with muscalr spasm . At level C4-C5 small cental ospeophytic dic complex with bilateral O.A. changes of the unco-vertebral joints noted, causing bilateral foraminal stenosis . At C5-C6 (R) para-central osteophytic-dis complex noted and causing (R) foraminal and central canal stenosis. The A.P. diameter of the cervical canal is measured at 10 mm at this level. I am still with pain but have not done another MRI since. Concerning this year s MRI Lumbar spine there is a small (L) foraminal disc protrusion noted, irritating the existing (L) L3- nerve root . At L4-L5 there is a central disc protrusion with an associated posterior annular tear noted, impinging on the theca and causing mild central canal stenosis. The A.P. diameter of the lumbar canal at this level is measured at 11 mm. Bilateral O.A. changes of the facel joints also noted at this level. I would like to know if you think I have a chance that my condition can improve one day or do you think I should go through an operation ? I will be grateful to you for your answer. Thank you very much Dr.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012