Dizziness and disorientation while standing up. Have a benign tumor in thyroid. Could it be due to it?

Almost every time I go from squatting position to standing or stand up from sitting, I get really bad head spins the point that I nearly fall over. Its been happening for couple years now. I have had blood pressure checked immediately after spell & it was perfectly fine. I ve ruled out medications as am not on any currently. Sometimes I loose control of my body & my legs & arms start to shake as if I m fighting fainting . If I m holding on to something I can t keep grasp of it. People have had to hold onto me before so I don t fall over. I have a benign tumor in my thyroid . Could it be to do with this?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012