Diverticulitis, ultrasound showed cyst grown deep into the vaginal wall, history of Bartholin's cyst. Cancer?

I was diagnosed with a bartholin cyst 10 years ago and the DR said to just ignore it and it would go away on its own I still have it only its now much larger and recently I was hospitalized and told I diverticulitis and thru an ulrtasound they saw that the cyst has grown deep into my vaginal wall and I need to follow up with my obgyn should I be concerned with this now being cancer as I am 50 this year?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012