Diverticulitis, hiatus hernia. Taking Alendronic acid. What can I do?

I have been on varying strengths of Prednisolone for three years and am concerned about side-effects I had to come off Alendronic Acid six months ago due to a heavy bleed from my rectum . This was investigated but was inconclusive- hospital thought it was from the Diverticulitis of which I was aware, having been diagnosed twenty odd years ago. I Also have a Hiatus Hernia which is troubling me at the present time, especially when taking tablets last thing at night. Due you think I should contact my GP about my concerns ? The blood was like black tar. Thasnk you.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013