Distention in temporal area, inflamed lungs and asthma. Prescription of Symbicort. Cause High BP?

I was curious and honestly concerned about the distention in my left temporal area. I believe it might be the left branch of the superficial artery . I ve noticed it now for several weeks. It s kind of a long story, but I went to the doctor about two weeks ago with tightness (inflammation) in my lungs. I m an asthmatic and have been since I as three months old. Any how, my doctor gave me an corticosteroid injection and some samples of Advair to get me by until my prescription of Symbicort came in. I went about a month without it and believe it caused quite some problem. Well out of embarrasement, I did not tell him that I also had been taking an L- arginine supplement for about 2 weeks. I should have done some research first, because after the fact I learned that this amino acid can cause inflammation in the lungs. I have been taking my normal medicines theophylline 200 mg tabs twice a day, rescue inhaler Proair as needed, and Symbicort 2 puffs twice daily. I am, however still having that feeling of tightness, like a rubber band around the rib cage. Most of the feeling comes during expiration. My asthma overall is much better in my adulthood as opposed to adolescence . My last severe attach was at age 16 when I was about to be put on a ventilator, but through God s grace was spared. I ve noticed that over the last month my blood pressure has been up and down. I would like to think this is due to all the chemicals (Nitric oxide and L-arginine) in addition to being out of my corticosteroid Symbicort. Needless to say, there is not much research on these substances and their affects on the cardiovascular system. It just baffles me because prior to all of this I did not have any of these problems. My overall weight is proportional to height, I exercise and eat healthy, I do not drink or smoke. Can these factors together be what s causing my higher blood pressure? My doctor as well as I believe that since the inflammation is not caused by an infection that in time the tightness should diminish and hopefully my blood pressure will balance out.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012