Distended abdomen, extreme pain, burning in intestine, constipation, joint pains, fatigue, mucous in stools. Celiac disease?

Hi, I have had this problem for the past couple of years now. I use to get a distended abdomen, extreme pain, like burning and cramping in my lower intestines, constipation , joint pain and swelling (especially my fingers, elbows, and toes), fatigue , and mucus in my stools. I have stopped eating gluten and found that these symptoms have dissipated and I feel like I have more energy, but this past week I am experiencing a type of flair up and the other day I had the urge to pass a stool, but when I went to the bathroom only mucus came out, no blood though. My stomach or lower left quadrant burns and feels crampy and I woke up with some mild joint pain. The only thing I ate differently was jelly beans. I am gong to my GP soon to follow-up on my thyroid medication and I plan to seek his advise them, but I am a little concerned now as I have thought I had whatever it is under control. Could it be celiac disease?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013