Distended abdomen. Taken Imodium for loose stools. History of bowel infection. Need help without surgery

I am 67 yrs old...4 yrs ago I had a severe bowel infection.... bleeding ulcer resolved. I also have numerous other ailments. In the last 3 mos my abdomen has gotten so distended that I look 9 mos pregnant. I usually wear size 12-14. I had to go to size 18 because of the size of my abdomen. I have episodes of loose stools lasting a couple of days. I take Imodium for it, and it s resolved. Can t eat milk products and sometimes other people s cooking causes a flare-up again. The only symptom I m having is S.O.B. due to stomach bloated under my breasts. I need help without surgery.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013