Dislocated finger, torn tendon. Put in a splint, swelling, difficulty bending. Cure?

Hello My Name Is XXXXXX , I Am 15 And I Dislocated My Finger , The Ortho I Saw Said That A Tendon In My Finger Was Tore But I Had A Splint On It For A Week Then The Ortho Said To Buddy Tape It And Still Swollen And I Can t Make A Full Fist. Will You Plaese Help Me Im Worried It Will Never Heel/ Go Back To The Way It Used To Be.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Hello, the treatment for tendon repair of the fine generally depends on the number of tendons damaged and the finger the tendon is present. But generally the most conservative method of management is to reduce its movement by tying it up with the adjusant finger. Generally non surgical management will take around 2-3 months four you to fully gain the mobility of the finger. But if you are still concerned, we advice you to take an MRI and get another opinion. That might assist in coming to a conclusion better. Thanking you, have a nice day.