Disfiguring keloid scars on face, arms, feet. What is the recommended treatment?

my 9 year old grandson got burnt by a foam mattress he was playing with on 1st January this year. he was admitted to the 37 military hospital in accra for 24 days. The wounds are now healed but he is left with some disfguring keloid scars on the face, arms and feet. Where can i get these removed in Ghana, preferably by laser treatment. I am completely traumatised by the situation. Please help. Chris Atitsogbui
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
The keloid scars can be corrected cosmetically to some extent by plastic surgery.
The scar tissue is excised and the healthy skin is sutured with fine sutures.
Consult the plastic surgeon for the examination of the child and for further advice on the procedure.
Hope I have answered your query.