Discovered bruisers in hand. Are there any side effects of aspirin?

I have just started recently taking an 81 mg enteric coated aspirin in hopes that it will help my circulation. Have not been diagnosed with any circulatory disorders, but as my feet in particular are almost always blueish purple then there's obviously an issue with my circulation. I'm a 47 yr old female and smoked for 23 years.I quit 7 years ago.
Today I discovered a bruise on the top of my hand and have no idea where it came from. Is it possible that this could be the cause of my taking the aspirin? I've only been taking it for a little over a week now.
I am taking no other medications.

Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013