Discovered a large tear at the bottom of labia majora. Sexually active. Herpes or STD?

Hello Doctor -- thank you so much for your assistance -- here is my story: I am a 21 year old female. I have only been sexually active for 3 years and always ensure there is protection, outside of oral sex . I had a frivolous, five-day (Friday night through Monday morning) fling with a new partner and left feeling very sore and tired. I originally assumed the irritation was caused by my period (which came Monday afternoon) and my pelvic hair, which was grown-in from a bare state. However, when I had the chance to shave myself I discovered what appeared to be lacerations on my inner labia, my clitorous was swollen and painful, and the opening of my vagina was puffy and tight. When I went to pee I was in a world of pain. I also discovered a large tear at the bottom of my labia majora (almost to my rectum , which resulted in a painful skin tag ) in addition to the painful, virtually invisible lacerations I discovered. The doctor I saw diagnosed me with a UTI and ran STD bloodwork upon my request. However, it is taking a while for the results to come in. I have underwent 3 days of antibiotic treatment with little improvement and was prescribed lidocaine 2% mucosal gel for pain relief. When I layer the gel on and pee, there is still minor pain but it appears most pain is associated with the lesions Unfortunately, the gel dries into a hardened paste-like substance which disturbs the whole area. These lesions, while uncomfortable (especially with hair growth) do not itch or hurt when undisturbed. But the painful UTI has left me virtually immobile. My groin and neck lymph nodes are also inflamed. Cranberry juice has helped drop the acidity of my urine, but the pain is still yelp-inducing. I am so frightened of herpes or an STD, but when comparing my appearance with online photos it doesn t match up. I will need to go in and ask my doctor for a different antibiotic, but I am hoping for a better option for healing/pain relief for the superficial lesions. Also, further information on how to differentiate lesions from herpes. As I did not recognize these tears until Monday evening, I cannot tell whether these small, non-patterned, very painful spots are simply from the uncut fingernails of my partner or if they are disease-related. There are not many clusters, per se, but as the days progress I have developed small pimple-like bumps on my outer labia and around the tear, on my upper thighs/butt. The lesions are skin-color but after a while will turn a milky white-yellow, as if white blood cells are gathering to heal the wounds. When I shower, the scabs look ordinary not like the herpes sores displayed online. I have never been diagnosed with an STD. I have never had a cold sore, either. Should you have any other questions about my background or my condition i am more than happy to share. Again, thank you so much!!! ~Alison
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013