Hello akoopmann. I am assuming, from the medications that you have listed that you have diabetes, high blood pressure
, depression and osteoporosis
(due to the fosamax). There are many reasons that you could be having these symptoms such as cardiac disease, gastroparesis
and/or ileus, or medication related. All of the medications above can cause GI upset.
First I need to ask more questions:
1. Are having nausea/vomiting?
2. Is the uncomfortable feeling related to food intake, is it continuous or intermittent?
3. Is the feeling come on suddenly or gradually?
4. Are you having any other symptoms such as dizziness, visual changes, pain anywhere else?
5. Have you had any stool changes?
6. Have you noticed any relation of the symptoms to the timing of your medications?
7. Several weeks ago, did you start all of these medications together or did you just start the metformin? It is a little unclear in the question.
Be well, Dr. Kimberly