Discomfort in upper back after a mild strain. Do I need rest or go to a doctor?

Hi, I have discomfort in my upper back for the last few days. I had a close call with horses when I was driving on friday, I had to brake suddendly and sharply to stop my car hitting them. I am wodnering could I have hurt my upper back at all. This is the only thing I can think of that may have aggitated it. I am wondering do I need to just rest it for a few days or should I visit a physio/ chiroprator/ doctor/ none and wait a week or two?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012