Discomfort in the lower lip after using mouthwash. Scabs formed. What is it?

I just used some Rembrandt peroxide mouth wash. I noticed slight discomfort on the inside of my lower lip but figured I might have burned myself eating. However, when I ejected the rinse after a minute, I noticed white/ivory coloured left-behinds. I'd say they looked rather similar to scabs and did not come off.
It's been about five to ten minuted and it disappeared again, nothing left to feel, no pain just discomfort while rinsing and a few minutes right after.
I applied a bit of rinse to the same area with a cotton swab again and the same outcome, white scab-like features, feels a bit rough to my tongue, same formation as before.
What do you suppose that is/was?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013