Discomfort in swallowing, feeling of blockage in upper part of throat, cough due to upward pressure from windpipe. Remedy?

Hi I am feeling extremely uncomfortable swallowing anything. I feel blockage in the upper part of my throat and need to drink a lot of water. I have this problem for the past 4-5 days. I am also getting a cough , in form of an upward pressure from the windpipe. I don t have this continuously, and occurs mostly at the night or when I eat/drink something and continue for more than an hour. Keeping a clove in my mouth is helping stop cough almost simultaneously.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012