Discomfort in lower left side, bloating near rib cage, sharp pain. Common symptoms for person suffering from diverticulitis?

I have been diagnosed with mild diverticulitis . I ll be taking antibiotics for two weeks. My discomfort is mostly on the mid-lower left side. I do feel bloating near rib cage on left side. When a press on my lower left side I have found a sensitive spot that returns a sharp pain (only mild intensity). Is this normal for diverticulitis? Also, when a press on the left side I feel a slight pain on the right side? Is this normal for diverticulitis?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012