Discomfort in eye, tender eyelid. How to ease swelling and tenderness?

As I was falling asleep last night it felt as though there was something in my left eye, so using a mirror and a lamp I used it to find out if i could see anything. I could not so just ignored it and fell asleep. Woke up this morning (9 hours ago) with inner eye/eyelid VERY tender and sore whenever I blink or move my eye. Inspected eye again and found an eyelash so removed it, however throughout the day the pain hasn't ceased and it is still very irritated and sore. After googling, I can see that it is my superior lacrimal punctum that is inflamed. What can i do to help the pain/ease the swelling and tenderness/ get rid of it completely?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013