Discomfort at neck base, blood rushing in ears. On blood pressure medication. Causes for symptoms?

I have been doing a lot of painting which required me to reach up high for long periods of time. I can feel discomfort at the base of my neck . Early this morning I was awakened by a pounding in my ears like blood rushing. Is the neck discomfort a likely cause for this? I ve been on BP meds for about 25 years, so I checked my blood pressure and it was about 138/80, which is a fairly normal reading for me.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012