Discolored stools. Due to taking energy powder?

i m 29 year old,i have no any diseases i hav done whole body test about 7 months ago,all was good, now since 2 month i m seeing a problem that my feces are comming black,first one mont comming 100% back colour,but after getting tablet SILLIVER by Abbot Company comming now like black brown type,may b this happend due to taking energy powder with gym exercises. plz help me/
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Black or dark brown stools are called melena. They are a sign of upper gastrointestinal tract bleed. As a bleed from the upper GIT moves down it mixes with the stool being formed, giving it a distinctive dark brown or black color.
You will have to consult a doctor, preferably a gastroenterologist who will conduct an endoscopy to help find the cause and site of bleed. Please do this at the earliest.

I hope this helps. Feel free to write back to any time for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.