Discoloration on the forearm without injury. No pain. Insect bite?

A couple days ago I noticed a large dark area on the top side of my forearm ..Sort of purplish looking and if I look closely there s a small circle in the middle thats lighter...I have no memory of hitting or injuring my arm so as to produce a bruise which would be tender..and this area is not tender at all..Could this be some sort of insect bite?? As I am feeling it right now, I do feel a small lump in the middle ..almost like a mosquito bite..
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012