Discoloration in the nails. Done CBC, LFT and urine test. Have benign liver cysts due to the use of contraceptive pills. Liver or kidney problem?

Hi, I have recently noticed I have half and half nails . The top part is red and the bottom is white/quite pale. My gp is running cbc, lft, u&e, ferritin & urine test. All over the internet it points to kidney or liver disease? I had u&e about 4 months ago and it was normal. I also had lft about 3 months ago & that was normal. I do have 2 very small benign liver cysts (found on an mri last Dec 2011) and was told they are most definetely benign (prob caused by contraceptive pill) so I ceased taking it. This nail symptom has appeared in the last week or so with fatigue, shortness of breath only on exertion and occasional mild nausea? Can it be caused by anything other than kidney or liver?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012