Discoloration in feet, worsened by alcohol. Have DM type II. Any advice?

Although I have had many different symtoms and poor health for a number of years now several persistant symptoms are most troubling. I have had darkening (purplish) discoloration in my feet , ankles and lower legs for some time now. I noticed alcohol worsens this, so I no longer drink alcohol. I had DM Type II diagnosed several years ago and had very high glucose levels, and very high blood preesure (but normal cholesterol levels) but have had these issues under control for over two years now, but the edema persists. I also have occasional swelling in both knees that is painful and persists for some time. My kness pop very loudly when I sit and stand. Drinking lots of water helps relieve the pain. I have also had extensive weight gain in the past few months, though I eat very little. I also sometimes have lines indentations on my legs that seem to have no cause (from socks etc..) I am worried because I was doing research on developing and purifying non-native insulin , IGF-1 (and related) peptide analogs for several years, but these are not native analogs. They are experimental proteins I have been designing and making to attempt development of peptide based drugs for treatment to Type II diabetes. I may have been exposed to low levels over and extended period of time. I also used to express and purify Human pro-inflammatory chemokines. I am concerned that lateral gene transfer may have occured, and that my native intestinal bacteria have been genetically transformed by the DNA s I have used to make these proteins in Yeast and E. coli bacteria. I think it is possible that these intestinal bacterial are now making and secreting these proteins into my body and this is causing all my disease symtoms. If this is true, it will have huge repercussions pertaining to OSHA and Health and safety regulations for any laboratory producing human proteins using recombinant DNA technology. Any advice? I am planning a visit to my physician for a complete blood work-up and screening, but have not seen him yet.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  56 Awaiting Answer