Discharging pinkish red fluid after bilateral salpingo-oopherectomy. Is this normal?

I had a bilateral salpingo- oophorectomy on 5/29, had a period 2 days later ( gynecologist said this was normal and would occur prior to surgery) and this morning I have a light period. My doctor is not concerned (spoke with her this morning and she thought it might be residual blood because of its brown color) but I thought that once your ovaries are gone, a woman doesn t menstruate. Now the color is looking like a pinkish red. Should I be concerned or is this normal?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012