Discharged after CAG with 2 stents, has dry cough. Is it due to stent ?

good evening doctor, my dad got discharged from the hospital yesterday, and day before yesterday he went through CAG. he got 2 stents. and today he was coughing and coughing, more of a dry cough. he s not bronchitic. i gave him luke warm water to drink and some candies which reliefs that itchy feeling. but im worried. im from a non medical field. is it because of the stent or it is just normal allergy? and i also read some articles about some cardiomapathy in which there is higher demand of oxygen but less supply which could lead to heart failiure. please guide me what exactly should i do?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013