Discharge and infection behind ear, brown color on pad post cleaning, burning and pain, history of allergies.

I do not have a mirror where I can see what it looks like but behind my ear I have a discharge, infection. When I used an alcohol pad to clean behind my ear the pad had a brownish color to it. Behind my ear burns and hurts when I try to clean it. Is this a fungal or bacterial infection? I continuously have problems with my inner ears. I had an ENT to tell me it was allergy related. I have severe allergies and my inner ear problems (itching mostly) only occurs when my allergies flare up. I have been prescribed Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream to place in my ears when the itching inside the ears happen. Could the two be related?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012