Disc bulging, compression, back pain, leg pain, numbness. Taking Butran's medication. MRI done. Treatment for symptoms?

H i have suffered for few years with back and leg pain numbness etc MRI scan showed L4/5 disc bulge causing impingement on left L5 root also anterolisthesisive (where the upper vertebral body is positioned abnormaly, compared to the vertebral body below) of l5 s1 ive had facet injections also in the past root ganglion blocks bilteral rami injections and epidurals which didnt seem to be succesful. and a narrowing of two places where the bones had to be widened to release pressure had the disc bulge reduced in surgery and two sections the bone was taken away to eleveate pressure on the nerves 4 months after surgery i now have much less severe pain which could leave me unable to walk at all now i still have some pain but no way as bad as before but if i try to walk or sit for too long causes more pain which can lead back to a de mobilised situation does this mean my active life is over im taking many types of medication including Butrans 10 mg ive had to change gp 3 times in the last few years and my newest doctor couldnt understand why i had been left so long like this and the consultant nuerologist he referd me too was of the same opinion my life has been distroyed by this condition and in time stopped me from working and my social and private maters too have been affected , i will add at times ive been and the end of my witts with this and after the operation whats the future hold , its a life changing shift and very frightening not having control of your body , im 41 and the problems started in my early 30s while in full time work variably to start and increasing aggresivley in nature over time sorry for the long message
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012