Disc bulge, painful, lower abdominal pain, shock pains. Doing physio. What is the reason?

I am currently suffering ch pain due to initial annual tear in l4/5 continued my normal training and work after initial disc bulge same location. I am on lyrica which takes the electric shock pains away but today first day out and I was in a lot of pain walking sitting it was terrible. I am ok if at home I can plot around house then lay down for a bit and continue this which gets me through my day. I am so concerned with the amount of pain. I am also getting pains in lower stomach is this because of back? Booked in for physio next week but I am so scared of what my future holds currently off work which is so frightening as I have a mortgage and a son to raise. Do you have any recommendations as to why I am suffering the way I am. I use to be so active gym most days, kayaking, bike riding now I can't even walk for 10metres without pain.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013