Dime sized clump of skin at the top of vagina opening. What could this be ?

There is a dime sized clump of skin that is not sensitive or painful at the top of the opening to my vagina . It is very visible and seems to almost cover the hole. I have been sexually active for years and have been to several gynos without anyone saying I had an abnormal growth, however I ve never been brave enough to ask what it was. What could this be? It s slightly paler than the surrounding skin and it is squishy but doesn t move.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Mar 2013
Could it be that you are talking about the clitoris.
Since it is a NORMAL fold of skin that covers the top of the vaginal orifice.
It is squishy too, and it is most certainly sensitive, though not painful.
Another possibility is that it could be a fleshy skin tag, that is also common and harmless in most women.
If it was a skin tag, a doctor would have certainly identified it.
Please upload a picture if possible, and you can contact me at -
take care.