Digestion problem, Suggested to take vegetables and water, Stomach ache, unable to poop, burp gas. Suggestion?

Ever since I was little I have always been constipated. One time about 5 years ago, I think I didnt poop for like three days and I had really bad pains in my right side around my hip but close to my stomach. I went into the er and they had to cleanse my bodu with the liqud that they put in my butthole through a tube. That was what made me feel so much better. The docters told me that I had to eat a lot of vegetables and drink water.
Right now I am a junior in high school. I literally eat salad everyday and drink 4 water bottles during school.
The othef day, however, I decided to eat a school lunch and that just tore me up. I had a really bad stomach ache, like I was going to throw up, I felt like I needed to poop, but I couldnt, and I was super naucious. I also noticed that I burp way to often and I have a lot of gas.
Any ideas on what could be wrong with me?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Hi ! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

Possibly you have got a either an infection of the intestines from the lunch you had in the school or your intestines are intolerant to some of the components of the food you ate in your lunch. If I were your doctor, I would advise you for a stool test for ova and cyst and if positive for it , will prescribe a suitable antibiotic which possibly will relieve you of your symptoms. If you feel that the symptoms occured due to a particular food item, you should start avoiding that component of food in future.

Anyways, you should continue having your high fiber diet and plenty of liquids as advised by your doctor. Till you get investigated, you can go for a anti emetic agent, a proton pump inhibitor, and a probiotic to help control your symptoms.

Thanks for using health care magic forum for your health query. Wishing you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.