Diffused micro vascular Ischemic changes. Severe memory issues. Anything serious?

My Mother is 73 just had an MRI with contrast findings were diffuse microvascular Ischemic changes is on aricept and lexapro . Neurologist is not very forthcoming is this alzheimers has sever memory issues and as a family we need to know what to expect. no diagnosis given. seems reluctanct to talk in front of my mother doesn t want to aggitate her. Her frustration level is high. But we need some answers. can you help
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012