Diffused bulging disc, have osteophyte complex, facet arthropathy. Do I need a surgery?

I have l-5-s1 level diffused bulging disc - osteophyte complex along with facet anrtropathy. I also have small anterior osteophytes and endplate irregulanties at all visualized levels. Now, I have been told by 2 neurologists that this is an inoperable condition and have had 1 neurosurgeon tell me he didn t do this kind of surgery but that he new one that would. Hmmmmmm??? What is your opinion of this situation. My present neurologists says I need surgery but I am not in a hurry to go through such a major operation.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013