Diffuse disc bulge with protrusion of disc along with ligamentum flavum hypertrophy causing stenosis. Treatment?

Sir My brother aged 48 years has L-4-5 diffuse disc bulge with Left paracentral-left intra foraminal protrusion of disc along with ligamantum flavum hypertrophy causing mild compression on the cal sac and mild narrowing of left lateral foramina with left lateral recsess stenosis . Please advise if any therapy other than surgery is possible for treatment and pain management . Please inform by return mail and oblige.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013