Difficulty walking, icing leg, ankle pain, knee pain

A few weeks ago it was difficult to walk on until i iced it for a few hours. All last week it wasnt much of a bother besides when running for my baseball team(really uneven ground). Yesterday it was smooshed under a basket under my schools desk(all metal). Very bothersome after, when i walked it was a limp . Today i NEEDED to run for gym and in the first couple minutes my ankle began to hurt and there was a sharp pain in my knee . I iced it a lot but was told not to do many physical things, but it doesnt hurt when i am on my toes.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you are having a bad ankle sprain. If you have not gone through proper investigation i would suggest you to get MRI and x ray of ankle joint. If reports shows that you have any ligament or cartilage damage then we can progress accordingly. IF there is no damage then you will be assured that there is nothing seriously wrong with foot and you will be ok soon.