Difficulty swallowing my saliva, feels like something is stuck in my throat, smoker. Causes for symptoms?

I ve been having some trouble while swallowing my saliva for a week now. It feels like there s a foreign body in my throat, even though I can drink water and eat food normally. I was told that this was a viral infection, but I am worried that it is more than this. There are no symptoms of sore throat , fever, or anything else. I ve been smoking for 5 years, but this is the first time this happens.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012