Difficulty swallowing & fatigue. should I still attribute the thyroid to the symptoms ?

I noticed a lump just below my Adam s apple and the doctor assured me it was nothing to worry about. I have a difficult time swallowing and it feels as though the lump is in the way and I can feel a tingling around the area often. Also, my metabolism seems to distorted as I eat a lot of meals (healthy) on a daily but don t notice any benefits from the nutrients . I use to be an avid bodybuilder and would feel my chest bulging after workouts and whenever I would consume tuna or large quantities of protein. Unfortunately, I can barely workout as I do not get the same sensation as I once did and feel more tired than rejuvenated. I had an ultrasound done on my thyroid and a simple blood test and it came out negative. Should I see an endocrinologist and have specific tests such as a T4, T3, FNA, TPO and TRH tests done ? Also, if the test comes out normal, should I still attribute the thyroid to the symptoms ?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Mar 2011