Difficulty passing urine, had mirena coil fitted, had fibroid. What is your advice?

Hi Doctor, my wife had mirena coil fitted nearly five years ago, During the procedure she was told that she had fibroid and that the coil will shrink the fibroid. However i am concerned about her complaint of difficulty in passing urine , She was refereed by her GP to see a urologist for examination. The urologist has also refereed her for scan examination to determine the actual cause of her urine retention. I have advised her to have the mirena coil remove as i suspect it could be a contributory factor to her difficulty in urinating. Please what is your advise.
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012