Difficulty in weaning the medicine prescribed for erosive antral gastritis, get nausea and acidity. Suggestions?

I was diagnosed with erosive antral gastritis and have been taking Pantocid-L for almost two years now. I m fine as long as I m taking the medication . Problem is, I can t seem to wean myself off the medication. If I stop taking it for more than 2 or 3 days, the acidity and the nausea and the discomfort return. Is there a way to get off it? And are there any consequences of taking it regularly for such a long time?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013