Difficulty in walking due to recurring episodes of sudden rush of pain from tips of toes to the leg followed by bluing of toes, foot swelling, burning on soles. Lupus, Morton's neuroma, TTS ruled out. What is the cause and remedy?

My friend is having a tough time walking on his feet . After about 5 hours or so he will get a sudden rush of pain starting from the tips of his toes and it will shoot straight up his leg. He explained that it is much like an electrical shock and the pain is rated at a 10. Occasionally his toes will turn blue, the foot will swell and there is a burning sensation on the under part of his foot. He also has a few black scabs on his legs as well that have come up as a result. His skin is very splotchy on his legs and this is only occurring on the LEFT foot. He is 63 years old and we have visited a few doctors who have told him that it is not Morton s neuroma or TTS( Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome . Lupus has been ruled out as well. I would be more than happy to send pictures and get as many opinions as possible. This has become a big issue and it affects him every day. He has worked in home remodeling for a long time so he is a very active person. I am not sure if the doctors are giving us the best treatment either. CT Scans, nerve biopsies, blood work and numerous other tests have been done and all of them have not been able to pinpoint the problem. Please help
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012