Difficulty in walking after getting from sitting position. Cause and remedy?

Aftrting hurting r er I sit for a while and get up,I can t hardly walk.And I got a Charley Horse at church and it hurt soo bad,until I could stand up.It has started hurting during the night also.In fact I m having trouble walking without it hurting all the time.I have been walking,but I didn t today.It was hurting too bad.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Jun 2015
Hello dear,

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be due to:
1. Muscle spasm.
2. Inflammation in the knee joint- Osteoarthritis.
3. Dietary deficiencies of certain nutrients like Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B 12, Folic acid, etc.

X ray of the affected leg will be helpful to rule out any pathological causes.

Symptomatic relief can be obtained by heat therapy, application of analgesic & muscle relaxant gel, intake of analgesics like Diclofenac (to be taken after food) + Pantoprazole (to be taken 30 minutes before meals).
Supplements of Calcium & Vitamin D can be included in diet which will help in strengthening of bones.
Physiotherapy exercise will also be helpful.

If symptoms still persist, kindly consult an Orthopedician for proper clinical examination.
Also, maintain adequate hydration & nutrition status, take proper rest and avoid stress.
Wishing you a Good Health.