Difficulty in waking up the child from sleep after a fall. Non-responsive episodes. Should I be worried about head injury?

Hi, my 1,5 year old fell out of our bed half standing backwards right on the back of his head, I saw thefall it looked horrible and hestarted screaming right away. After a few minutes he was jumping up and down and after another 20 minutes he was clingy, crying hysterically, in pain and fell to asleep eventually in my arms after an hour. All this occured at 8pm and during the night I watched him every few hours during the night that he was fine but not more often than that. At 2 pm the next day while he was having a snack at the table he nodded off which he never does, he was like coming in & out of a sleep still wanting to eat butnotbeing able and non-responsive. I took him to bed and then it struck me he never ever has done this before and hit his head bad the night before so I call a nurse who tells me he is likely just sleeping and to wake him. It took me a long time to shake and pinch his ears before he did and it really scared me as he usually wakes up suddenly shaking around trying to figure out where he is etc, this time his eyes just like when he nodded off barely open and he is non-responsive and difficult to wake. In the end they told me it didnt need checking up since he has been normal after and that only within 6 hours of hitting his head would be dangerous to show reaction but he was sleeping then so how can I be sure and is it as they say fine really with no need to x-ray? We are on day 3 now he is normal since but I still feel worried about all this? Need I be worried?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012