Difficulty in urination, frequent urination. Should I be worried?

Hi, I drink around 6 8oz red bulls a day. For the last year I have been having trouble urinating and it s only getting worse. I have to push so hard and then suck in my urine back in and do this over and over until I can finally pee. So, I m wondering if red bull can cause this or if I have something else going on. Also, the last 3 months, I wake up every night and have to pee really bad. Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have to push hard to pass urine and have increased frequency of urination since one year.
This could be due to narrowing of urethral passage (Stricture Urethra) .

However this can be confirmed only by radiological test called Retrograde

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get this test done under his guidance.

He will decide regarding further management depending upon radiological findings.

You may need to undergo endoscopic procedure of Optical Internal Urethrotomy to cut the stricture and widen the urethral passage.